Sacrament of Matrimony
"The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament." CCC 1601
Steps for preparation:
- Contact Wedding Coordinator more the 6 months before preferred date of wedding: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with Priest after communicating with Wedding Coordinator. Call the parish office to schedule appointment.
- May begin to plan date of wedding. PLEASE do not set date of wedding before meeting with Wedding Coordinator and Priest.
- Complete the following: (the order of these will vary depending on each individual situation)
- Complete all required forms for St. Francis, Diocese of Baker, home diocese and home parish. (Wedding Coordinator will assist with these.)
- Obtain a Baptismal Certificate for Bride and Groom that is issued within the last 6 months.
- Second meeting with Priest.
- Attend a Marriage Preparation Retreat.
- participate in FOCCUS
- Final meeting with the Priest 2-3 weeks before the Wedding.